Thursday, July 13, 2017

What I've learned from Genso

For this post, I thought that it would be good to write about some things that I've learned from playing the game. You might learn some really useful stuff that may save a game for you!
The first thing that I want to say is probably the most important. You haven't lost until your Health is at 0. This may sound stupid, but it's true. That battle that I wrote about previously taught me this. Even though I was so close to winning, even though my friend had no monsters on the field and very low Health, he still nearly made the game a tie.
And that brings me to another thing. ANYTHING can happen. You can play a card that can save you, or your opponent can play a card to destroy you. You never know what will happen until it happens in this game. Another part of this is drawing cards. Never forget that drawing a card is the most important part of a game. Even though you only draw one card per turn, that card can be anything (as long as it's in your deck, of course). It can be the card you needed so badly, or it could be a card that you really needed 5 turns ago.
Next I think that it would be good to talk about Magic and Equip cards. You need them. They are the cards which can make things easier for you. They can give a monster the ability Fly, or allow you to draw 3 cards. They can do so many things, and that's why they're important. However, don't take too many in your deck. One time, I didn't get a monster until turn 4 because I had so many Magic and Equip cards!
I lost that game, but I learned a valuable lesson. Maybe you'll learn something when you play, too. That's half the fun of playing, don't you think?
I'd love to hear your ideas and comments - as well as anything that you may have learnt from playing card games yourself. What's your favourite kind of card game? A TCG - Trading Card Game, or a CCG - Collectable Card Game; there is a difference!
Don't forget to check out my shop page (https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/genso-the-trading-card-game), where you can get the free rules and booster packs. Or, if you want to see more Genso stuff, go to my YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaktQ_2MU_TOtDX-i5qqSqA). See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment